High Tech Tools That Help Make Child Time Sharing In Fort Lauderdale Easier
Child time sharing arrangements in Fort Lauderdale help couples who are divorced or otherwise no longer together stay active and involved in their child’s lives. However, coordinating schedules and maintaining ongoing contact with each other often proves challenging. Fortunately, there are a variety of high tech tools on the market that can help make the process easier for everyone involved.
Tools That Help In Implementing Parenting Plans
For parents who are unmarried or divorced, child time sharing arrangements dictate the amount of time they get to spend with their child. Through the use of a Florida parenting plan, the couple, their attorneys, and the judge in the case will decide where the child will reside during the week and make plans for weekends, school breaks, holidays, and other special occasions.
The resulting schedule can get confusing for all parties involved and minor disagreements can end up becoming major sources of drama. To make the process easier, there are an abundance of parenting apps currently on the market. Parents provides a list, some of which are designed for parents in general and some specifically for those with parenting plans in place. Among the tools they offer include:
- Shared calendars: One of the most convenient features offered is a shared calendar. You can schedule things such as your child’s school or sports events and doctor visits while noting each parent’s scheduling needs, helping to avoid conflicts.
- Messaging apps: While texting is an option, messaging apps allow you to keep in touch on important matters while maintaining a respectful distance. Our Family Wizard even offers a feature that picks up on negative tones, providing options that are less likely to start an argument. The app also allows you to log conversations, which could come in handy for future court proceedings.
- Emergency contacts: Having emergency contact information in one central and easy to access place ensures parents and child are prepared in case of unexpected events. Having both adults be on the same page in regards to doctors and other providers the child has is a major plus.
- Online file folders. Digital file folders allow both parents to access important documents, including school report cards, insurance information, vaccinations, and general medical records. It is also a handy place to keep your parenting plan and other court-related documents.
- Expenses sheets: There are numerous expenses associated with children, some of which are not always reflected in child support orders. Online expense sheets give you a better idea of who pays what and could come in handy if you need to modify current child support amounts.
Contact an Attorney for Help
Whether you are creating a parenting plan for the first time or modifying an existing court order, Fort Lauderdale child custody & timesharing attorney Vanessa L. Prieto is here to help. Give us a call or contact our office online and request a consultation today.